In with the New, Out with the Old


   
     Twenty-Twelve was full of so many priceless memories, both good and bad--but this is where I must say "In with the new, out with the old".  Twenty-Thirteen is here{and has been here for eighteen days. a little late writing this;)}. Starting a new year is so exciting, there are so many new things in store-- new people to meet, new places to go, new things to learn, new stories to be told, and new adventures to begin. This year will have its joys and its sorrows, its magnificents and its mundanes, its news and its olds, but through it all our Lord stays constant, merciful, and unfailing, loving and redeeming.  I am more than excited to see what the Lord has in store for my life this year. I am making New Year's resolutions, or in other terms "Plans" for this year, but in my heart I need to remember the Lord may have plans of His own for me. As it says in Proverbs 19:21: "You can make many plans but the Lord's purpose will prevail." 

      My life of lately has been so crammed full, and finding a spare moment is rare. School work, and practices, and jobs, and editing shoots have seemed to take over my life{don't get me wrong, I love learning and practicing, dog sitting, baby sitting, and of course having shoots. Those all are very much blessings, actually}--what else is new since I last posted two months ago{me,oh,my.}? Well, let me show you through some photos+words a little glimpse of my life.....


   My mamma's most delicious, homemade, cherry pie. Me, oh, my, the smell of pie says "home."  It was made with love, in the kitchen that is full of memories of baking and cooking, laughing and talking. Also, I am a proud owner of my first Kinfolk magazine--it is full of so many priceless words and photos that inspire one very much{if you don't have one. Buy one.:)} 

Hot cocoa drinking with friends, of course. 




Going on mini photo-shoots. 



Feeling blessed.

Oh, and a few more things that are a little more exciting...


 I photographed my first wedding. 
Oh, I am totally in love with photographing weddings now. This was my first, and I hope there are more to come. Though there were many stressful moments, it was such fun. These two newly weds are the sweetest. We went out to take their portraits{and let me add...it was freeeezzziingg out.} and they kept wanting to take more and more. It was too much fun. More to come soon. 
I turned sixteen. 
The day after Christmas I celebrated my sweet sixteen. I woke up and ate the most filling breakfast, made by my mother and spent the day with my family. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. :) 
     I am an Auntie. 
 This is Hadley Joy and she is one of the biggest joys. She is a sunshine in my day. The Lord is truly the most wonderful artist of all. He made this little girl, whom is the most precious, sweetest baby ever. I feel so utterly blessed to be her Auntie, and I am so excited to watch her grow up. {A post specifically for this sweet baby girl soon.} 




Cindi:) 

9 comments:

  1. these are absolutely amazing shots. thank you for sharing this with us! x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures...they just kill me. Yay for your first wedding! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely, lovely post Cindi! Oh goodness girl, your photos... AMAZING!! Utterly breathtaking! Especially that last one of Hadley. Me, oh, my! :) She is too precious for words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cindi,
    How lovely it is to read one of your posts again. They are a proverbial breath of fresh air. Just reading you lovely words and looking at your pictures makes me feel light and airy. Your blog was named very well. ;)

    It is even nicer to read your writing when I feel dreadful and sick like a do right now. Let's just say, fever+hurling=not a very pleasant day (I know, I'm so indelicate. What self-respecting, proper blogger girl writes hurling?). But anyway, your post made me feel a whole lot better.

    Just a few more things; Happy Birthday, and congratulations for reaching the venerable age of 16 (I just passed that mark in August). Are you a sweet sixteen, or do you defy the stigmatism? ;) Congratulations also on doing your first wedding shoot. Your shots (as always) look gorgeous. I'm planning on purchasing a kinfolk very soon.

    Oh, and cocoa with whip cream, yes please (except not right now, because it would probably make me sicker).

    Dear, it's always a pleasure hearing from your corner of earth.
    Till next time, I remain,
    Rebekah W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    and the wedding photo is adorbs ;)

    WHAT A CUTIE! ADORABLE NAME. LOVE IT.

    kay. i'm done ranting now :)

    xx,
    soph

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to shoot your first wedding. That shot is gorgeous! And that cherry pie looks delicious!! Love Kinfolk! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about your pictures makes me want to strive to be a better photographer

    ReplyDelete