You are here. Be present. Live.




Sometimes you won't know the true value of a moment until it is a memory.

I can't tell you how many times I have taken a moment for granted. How I rushed through it, or how I had an attitude during it, or I just didn't even think about it. It is always afterwards that I realize how much of a treasure those little, and sometimes seemingly unimportant things are.  A minute seems like a second, an hour seems like a minute, a day seems like an hour, a week feels like a day, a month feels like a week, and then you realize it has been a year. Time goes too quickly when you want it to slow down, and too slowly when you want it to go quicker. Moments are so fragile and so special. I don't want to hustle or bustle through it, I just want to live moment-by-moment. I want to live every second finding joy in the Lord and this life He has so blessed us with. 


Here are my sweet, little moments of fall that I oh-so-want to keep locked in my heart forever: 




You are here. 
Be present. 
Live. 
-unknown










We went to the pumpkin patch one fall afternoon, wearing mittens and a scarf. We stuffed our faces with kettle corn, while we walked in rows of pumpkins looking for the perfect one. We laughed, and smiled, and were reminded of our childhood that one fall afternoon











My  afternoons usually consist of being curled up in my bright, pink blanket reading, and writing, and learning, and growing in knowledge. I am really growing in the knowledge of the Lord. The Lord is living truth. He is not only there, but he is visible. God shows Himself through His creation.  

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen;
not only because I see it, but by it 
I see everything else. 
C.S. Lewis


Good Night, Friends! 
Cindi:) 
   

24 comments:

  1. Cindi,
    This post is incredible. It's almost as if I was meant to read this just now. Like you read my mind.
    I was just pondering about posting something similar to this. About moments. About not having enough time and being thankful for the time that we DO have. How time seems to slip away from us.
    This is beautiful. And your photographs are absolutely lovely! <3
    Your friend Emily is gorgeous! I love her smile!
    All of your pictures are so amazing, I can't even choose a favorite.
    How did you get the vintage effect on the pic after the typewriter? Which photo editing site/program do you use?

    It looks like you had a wonderful fall season. Now it's onto the winter months, isn't it?

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I adore the quote.
    "You are here. Be present. Live."
    Truly words to live by.

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photography and words girl. I got to say i love that last picture!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi:
    I MISSED YOU SO MUCH :D these pictures are beyond beautiful and let me know if you want some help with your design! :D I'd be so happy to help! Love you gurl!
    Xoxo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love that first quote and that last picture is gorgeous! Great post. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am postively in love with that picture of you at the pumpkin patch!! It's picture #4. Girl, you are so beyond talented with photography & blogging! You never cease to inspire me and encourage me with your sweet posts. I've missed your posts so much! Also, I really love that first quote!! Congrats on all of your recent photography shoots! They've turned out so beautiful!

    xoxo, em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I see that you've posted a new post, I seriously get really excited. I LOVE your pictures SO MUCH and they inspire me so much and I hope you never stop using this gift God has given you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. again, my friend, my sweet friend, you are so wise. you are so right in saying that about lifes moments. sometimes, most of the time during the moments, we don't know what they are holding until they are over--if we are wise with our lives, we will be aware in every moment so we don't let them be of regret to us that we didn't cherish them or use them well. memories are gifts, and it's important to be aware every day of our lives...each moment is an opportunity too.

    life can slip away so fast, but if you are earnest, which I think you are, you are cherishing it all.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a great post and reminder! Love the pictures too. I really like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Would you mind telling my where you got those jeans? I love the color and want to find some like those :) :)

    xx, Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is actually of my sister. Haha:) so I am not sure. But if I find out I will let you know.
      P.s. old navy has some really cute jeans. :)

      Delete
  12. que post tan chuloo! las fotos familiares son lo mas! las ugg me encantan!

    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S I tagged you at my blog (Scribblings of a Dreamer):http://scribblingsofadreamer1.blogspot.com/2012/11/all-about-elevensies_5708.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. brilliant photos! what camera do you use? it takes great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Canon Xti. It is actually a rather old one of the Canons. But I love it.

      Delete
  15. gorgeous photography girl. :) loving this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last picture looks brilliant.
    I think we have the same boots. :O Or identical ones, anyways.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog and i am happy i fan into it!!:) Awesome pictures!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oohlala! What lovely photos! I am totally in love with the picture of the typewriter, perfect choice of edit!

    Janelle
    J.P. Photography

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pictures and blog!

    ~Sarah from http://sarahslittlerandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful way with words :) You're amazing Cindi!
    Kate:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos! And I completely agree with the first quote! :)

    ReplyDelete