These Summer Days




     I wake up to the sun shining and blue skies. I start off my day in the Word, praying and thanking the Lord for everything because He made it all, and he lets us enjoy it. No hustling or bustling after swim practice because there is no school. My morning breakfast may consist of mom's homemade waffles; or chocolate chip pancakes; or a donut from Dunkin' Donuts; or sometimes just a bowl of cereal.  My camera is fully charged and ready to capture every moment. Some days are full of adventure and excitement, others can be full of boredom and laziness. Either are quite fine with me because it is summer. 



   The afternoon hits, and I change out of my sport shorts into my summer jean shorts and my favorite floral shirt. Maybe I will wear my favorite mustache ring and possibly a cow girl hat. Mom will be in the garden or in the woods tending to her flowers, vegetables, fruits, and every other growing thing you can think of. I grab the scissors and a mason jar and step outside into the warmth and rather hot summer sun--I make my way to our isle of flowers that are ready to be arranged into a beautiful bouquet. Sometimes{most of the time} I will get allergies, but it's okay, because it is summer. 




      Or maybe I may go spend an afternoon at the lake, where I will meet my friends and we will  jet ski and tube and laugh and smile and almost die falling off the tube. Or maybe I will get to babysit a sweet kiddo. Or possibly I will just venture into a bookstore searching for the perfect journal. Whatever it is, it ends up being just the right thing for that day because it is summer.





Dinner time will come around, and we will chow down on corn and green beans from our garden. The sun that is setting will shine through the window, casting a beautiful golden light on the wood floors. I grab my camera and go capture the 17th sunset of this month, but it is okay because it is summer. The black sky and bright stars will finally come out around ten 'o clock, and I will lie by my window till midnight stargazing off and on. But it is alright to stay up late, because it is summer. 



     
      And then it becomes a new day again, holding new adventures, new memories, and new things to learn about the Creator of this earth. It's another day to praise Him and be joyful because He loves us. 






I love these summer days. 
Cindi


13 comments:

  1. mmmmm... LOVE! I died over the second-to-last photo! And you look adorable in that cowgirl hat. :) Beautiful writing, dearie!
    I much enjoyed the jet skiing and I've finally covered from my invisible bruises. ;)

    xx.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, Cindi. Simply beautiful. Photography, words... yes. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I love these shots! great post - i'm glad your summer is going well :)

    xo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Cindi. :) The way you described your day was absolutely brilliant. Great pics, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i simply can't tell you how lovely these are! I adore the mustache ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was beautiful! sounds like nothing short of lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, Cindi! Beautiful pictures. (: Summer is a lovely season. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, what a beautiful post, cindi! I think you captured summer perfectly in just a few photos + words. I love those summer days you're talking about, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cindi! I absolutely adored this post! Seriously, your photography always blows me away! And I just love the way you write, you have so much talent girl! Miss you!!

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best photos ever! Sounds like you are having an amazing summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photography is simply beautiful!!! Lovelovelovelovelove!
    That's all :)
    xoxo,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. cutest, most talented, sweetest precious girl ever! Love these pics, and those homemade waffles by your mom sound so so good;) I love that you wake up in the Lord in His Word, ...lately all I feel like doing is falling on my knees in thankfulness.

    how was your brothers wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Cindi,

    I love these summer days, too! Almost as much as I love your writing. I could just curl up and read your writing for hours. When are you writing a novel? ;) And I'm so sorry I haven't commented at all the past forever. Summer has been keeping me on my toes, also, but things are finally starting to slow down, and I'm gathering time to write, and create.

    But you, obviously have been doing that already. I love your words, they string together so perfectly. I can feel the warmth, the subtle breeze of summer, just by reading your wonderful words.

    And your pictures are too amazing also. I LOVE your mustache ring. It's so adorable. As is the last picture. I'm trying to piece your face together in my head (since it seems we only get halves of it at a time) and so far, it looks beautiful. ;) I love how your pictures capture exactly what your words do. I love how the work in tandem with each other.

    Look for me soon. I shall return with more inanely long comments, fear not.
    Love,
    Rebekah
    P.S. You are awesome, in case you're wondering.

    ReplyDelete