LET'S CELEBRATE

//we'll take a cup 'o kindness yet, for auld lang syne//
--Annalise Emmerick--


Happy,  Happy New Year! 

Exactly one year ago today I was shooting my first wedding. I was worn out, but excited because I knew that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I fell more in love instantly with this little joy of mine. Twenty-Thirteen was full of growth in many areas of my life and I know I have much growing left to do this year. It was full of struggles turned into victories, pains to joys, a multitude of joyful tears and big smiles, welcoming hugs and loud laughter, goals accomplished, and dreams happening. I am excited, thrilled, and scared{in a good way} for this new year. I have lists of  resolutions, dreams, and goals for twenty-fourteen and I already feel like some of them are in play. I want to stop dreaming, and start doing. I want to glorify God with this simple joy--photography. I want to bless people with images that will tell their story. I want to be more intentional with each photo I take. I think that is the marvel of film, you have to think about it. I, hopefully, will be attending more workshops, finding my personal style in photography, and feeling comfortable with it this year, along with taking baby steps to make my work it's full potential. I will never be content with my photos, but that is what makes me want to learn, to grow.  I am planning trips already, and am squealing with excitement for them. Oh, God is good and provides continually, loves enduringly, and forgives daily. Even when I don't deserve His grace, He overflows me in it. 

 That was an "all over the place" paragraph. Full of all my little ramblings squashed together in one paragraph. 
Hopefully, you didn't get too lost. 
If you made it to here--hip hip hooray! 

Let's celebrate this exciting new year! 
Much more, let's celebrate every new day this year has!


xx. Liz

p.s. Does anyone want to help me with my new blog design? I am clueless. I would be most thankful. 

  




2 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,

    I love your posts, even your small sporadic ones, are filled with such loveliness. I find so much joy in your blog, seriously one of my favorite places to go.

    I love how you look at photography. Out of a lot of people I've seen who like to take pictures, I feel you really see it as art. It's really inspiring. I enjoy photography, but it's cool to see that's it's really your passion.

    Also, that picture is beyond lovely. It's filled with so much Feeling.

    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoshlizthisblogdesignisperfect. I'm srsly going to have to ask Acacia darling to help me with mine. Yay for this past year and yay for the year to come! I'm so excited to see where the Lord takes you this year. You've got so much talent and so much passion.. I know you'll go far. Luv and hugs!
    Linds

    ReplyDelete