//Starting Anew//





//Hello//



       I am starting anew. I have said this many times "I am going to start blogging again", yet I continually shove it to the back corner of the attic. I, honestly, have went through a phase for the past few months of despising the blogging world. I hated the fact that we all were trying to be authentic and real, honest and different, yet, we all somehow faded into the same thing. I hated the masquerades people put on--both the "perfect life" and the "my life is always mundane and messy."  It has become a battle between these two types of blogging mind sets. I don't want to be one or the other, I want to be both. Life is messy and it overflowing with imperfect moments and terrible hours, days, weeks, months and years, but I don't believe in having to just focus on this cold hard, yet real truth. We are to be honest and real--that means sharing both the imperfect and the perfect. If one can not admit that they sometimes have nearly perfect days and moments, then they are completely contradicting their idea of being "real". 

..

         I am walking into blogging as a place for me to become more intentional with my words and photos. A place to share and to listen. As I go into twenty-fourteen, I have made a mile long list of my goals and motivations and I think blogging is helping me take one step closer to those. I want to put my aspirationss into actions. My dreams into reality. A year ago I would have never believed I would be here today. I shot two weddings, two very beautiful weddings at that, buckets and bucket loads of shoots, attended "Jessica Shaes Summer Adventure Internship,  have learned more things than I could name from this year of shooting and shooting and shooting and I still have much yet to be learned. I am grateful, anxious, yet filled with so much excitement that I could burst. I am even more excited to share with you, lovely people, my new aspirations. I want to grow both in my writing{I can use much growing in that area} and in my photography--Starting December 1st, I will be taking a photo every day that looks into that day. My goal is to really capture a picture of that day. Not just a random photo because I need a picture for that day. I want meaning behind that photo. I want the photo to speak for itself. 

...

        This is the start of checking off lists and making goals into accomplishments--a new name, design, and much much more newness is to follow soon. Heeeerree wee goo. 



xx. Liz










       


       





3 comments:

  1. I struggle with the same thing. Sometimes blogging seems so pointless. We are all trying so hard to be unique...but not too unique. Strange, but in a good way. To have our own niche, but only if it fits in the blogging mold.

    It's exhausting!

    Why is it so hard to just be yourself, and forget the consequences? I applaud you and your new goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is such a great post, Liz! I agree; everyone is saying that they want to be "real" when they really just want to take good pictures of ordinary things (like legos or smudges on the table).

    I'm excited to see your posts in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you so much (really) and I'm so excited to see that you're back again! xx

    ReplyDelete