Thoughts of Lately



          I live in Kansas, and no, that doesn't mean I own a pair of sparkly red shoes{even though I wished that I did}. I spend most days in my athletic shorts and a t-shirt. I eat way too much sugar and it is quite a bad habit. I do not use amazing vocabulary when I post or when I speak. Sometimes I can be selfish and let out a groan or complaint when I have to work around the house. I get overly excited about the little things of life, I have been that way since I was little.

 I am one of the most forgetful humans, or is it that I am  a terrible listener at times? I sometimes spend a little too much time on the computer. I have the most amazing family ever that I couldn't live a day without.  I am the worst cook ever{I never fail to burn whatever I am cooking}. I am completely in love with the Lord. I get jealous of the bloggers with a lot of followers and how they write so beautifully. I don't live in some magnificently large house, but rather I live in an adorable little blue house.  It is not that I don't have time to post, it is that I choose not to post  because sometimes I lose my words.

 And most of the time I am learning that life on earth will never be perfect.  We were created for another world, heaven.  So we long for heaven on earth.  It will never be that.  There are moments it feels like heaven but most of the time our hearts just keep longing for more....heaven, of course.  Ultimately we long for our God. 





Today in pictures: 

 typing on my typewriter
 quite messy, messy buns
windows down car rides










        In the mean time, the Lord works on my heart daily, and I have been really thinking about how He never fails to provide for us. Sometimes we want things, and when we don't receive them we don't think God is providing. But the Lord isn't always going to give us what we want, he is always going to give us what we need. When he does give us something we want, or have been praying and hoping for that is a huge blessing. I am learning to be content. 


         I will be leaving for a camp in Arkansas on Sunday, I am more than excited--my dad gets the opportunity to be the speaker there, which I am really excited about.  I will be escaping from the computer and my cell phone, and instead breathing in the outdoors, going hiking, getting the guts to go caving, cherishing every moment and memory I make and praising the Lord with friends. Oh, and obviously capturing every one of these moments on camera. 






  I hope ya'll are having a lovely summer. 
    Cindi 




{P.S. Fun giveaway here!} 

5 comments:

  1. lovely, cindi :) very honest, and that's the thing i love most about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wow, you say your writing isn't good! I say it's one of the best! Seriously, I am kinda in love with your writing. It's so easy, I slip into your world, just by reading you words.

    I know how you feel. Sometimes I find myself mapping out these perfect plans, and then become crest-fallen when they don't turn out perfectly. It's so easy to forget how MUCH in life God does for us. Lately, I've been hearing so many things, that are like, "Wow, God just made that turn out perfectly, didn't he?" And slowly (because it's hard for sinful humans) I give my trust to him.

    And yes, I am wholly jealous of your typewriter! Though, I shouldn't be, I should be grateful. But it's such a nice typewriter... Sigh.

    Anyways, I always love reading your posts. They are inspiring, without dragging inspiring into the equation by the scruff of it's neck. And I think your writing is amazing.

    And your pictures are so lovely. I love the one of the egg. It's so cute!

    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post? It is so lovely and true. the pictures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please.dont.get.killed.
    I would die of sorrow if you got hurt in a cave and never came back!!! D: Carefulcarefulcareful.
    I love you :)
    xoxo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Cindi! <3 Such lovely and true words.

    ReplyDelete