Finally.

     
         I am saying "Good-bye" to spring and "Hello" to summer. The nights of firefly catching, star-gazing, s'mores eating, and sleepovers without sleeping have arrived. I am ready for the afternoons of picnics, bubble blowing, craft making, swim suit wearing, watermelon eating, and sometimes finding myself bored. I've spent pretty much the past month preparing, planning and waiting for summer. I think this is the first time that I have actually planned for summer, I am usually not much of a planner...for anything.


       A few of the things on my summer list: 
-blow glowing bubbles at night{break a glow stick, pour the contents into bubbles, and you have glowing bubbles!}
-morning picnic in the woods
-have a camp out
- craft night
- make cereal necklaces
-movie night
-dance party
-use my green screen{did I mention I got a really nice green screen from someone?} 
-make homemade popsicles  
- make cotton candy cupcakes
-stargazing picnic
- capture fireflies in a jar
-buy a goldfish
-go on a road trip
- start a memory book
-sleep in a blanket tent
-have a bonfire
-pull an all-nighter
-sleep on the trampoline





       
     Because I haven't written in over two weeks, here are some pictures from lately...

 rainy days. 
sunny days. 




my kittens



such a cute truck. :) 

    My first day of summer break already feels oh-so-summer-ish ;). My dear friend and I decided to try to make homemade ice cream. The instructions said that it only needed to be in the ice cream maker for eighteen minutes. It totally lied. It was in the ice cream maker for an hour, and still failed to thicken. None the less, we still slurped it down. 


    Now to end this oh-so-summer-ish day in a summer way{I didn't even try to rhyme there}, I shall go eat barbecue and sip lemonade on the deck, while listening to the bonfire crackle, all while trying not to get attacked by our always hungry cats. 

-Favorite bible verse as of lately- 
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"
-Matthew 6:21 



What are your plans for the summer? 
Cindi 

14 comments:

  1. These are great goals, Cindi! Hope you accomplish them all. :)

    My summer bucket list can be found here if you're interested:
    http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2012/05/summer-bucket-list.html

    Take care, and have a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pictures are so great. The first one has to be my favorite though. I love pictures of rain on windows in black and white. It's so.... dreamy, I guess. lol. xD I'm glad you're having a great summer so far! My summer is only 18 more school days to go and I'm pumped. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have GOT to try that bubble-blowing thing :D It sounds fantastic.
    Hope you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gaaahh. LOVE THIS POST!! I adore your summer list(I shall now make one!) andddd the pictures!! that kitty one = heartmelting!! and the outfit picture?? JEALOUS. I WANT YOUR CLOTHES!!

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh cindi I just adore all of your posts... Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous... And that truck photo? *swoons*
    What do you use to edit your photos?
    Love you dear! :D
    xoxo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really captured the spirit of summer in this post! That reminds me, I haven't made homemade popsicles in FOREVER. Must make more....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post my dear! Oh goodness, you're such an AMAZING photographer!! Seriously, LOVE your pictures!! :)

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, I love your kittens. So cute. And the one of the window. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are all so gorgeous and summery! I love the kittens :) also, glowing bubbles... that is the best idea I have ever heard of. seriously. you should take a picture when you try it so I can pin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're already on your summer break? Lucky! I've still got a few more weeks to go! :) Lovely photos and summer list! I think I might make one too! And I love that lace top and your kittens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Thank you so much for your kind comments about my blog. You asked about the follow button. It is at the bottom of the page after you scroll through the posts. (I think there are 7 posts to scroll through - maybe I should shorten that!) I would love for your to follow. I also have a photography blog which has a link near the top of my blog. Your blog is adorable too. I love pink so that hooked me right away! I love the photos you have shared here. I'm so glad you stopped by today. I'm anxious to look around! Have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I think I am adding a bunch of things from your list to MY list for the summer, goodness gracious Cindi, I look up to you so much girl!

    I am freaking out over photo number 1 and 4, and those KITTIES:o

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the photos!! My favorites are the 3rd one, and the second to last one!! ♥ Great photography, and awesome list for the summer! :)

    ♥ lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came across your blog and I really enjoyed it! LOVE the photos and it looks like you have a great list planned out for the summer!
    God bless! Come on over to our blog at www.whimsyforhim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete